TUITION + STUDIO POLICY
Private Lesson Tuition
- Registration reserves your lesson day and time for a period of 6 moths at Apollo Academy of Music.
- A special gift will be given to you at the start of your studies here at Apollo Academy of Music
- The $35 annual registration fee is non-refundable and is added to your first payment.
- You are agreeing to 6 months of lessons (22 lessons in total)
Weekly 45 minute lessons:
- $1,080/full cycle
- $600/full cycle
Weekly 30 minute lessons
- $720/full cycle
Weekly 60 minute
- $1,440/full cycle
*requires recurring automatic payment
NOTE: Rates for Homeschool/Charter school systems may differ from those stated, please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and debit cards.
Tuition is due at the same calendar day each month. There is a 5 day grace period.
Tuition not received by closing on that day will be assessed a $20 late fee per student. You can easily avoid this fee by setting up auto-payments.
Apollo Academy assess a $30 fee for any returned checks in addition to any bank charges
Leave of Absence and Withdrawal
A Leave of Absence is designed to hold a spot for up to 2 months by paying half the regular tuition.
A Withdrawal from lessons forfeits the lessons slot and the fee for 4 lessons.
These 4 lessons can either be taken by the student or donated to the “Apollo Academy of Music Scholarship Fund” for students in need. (Apollo Academy of Music will match dollar for dollar any amount donated to this fund.)
Our tuition schedule reserves time for you, or child(ren) in the studio throughout the length of this agreement. essons cancelled less than 24 hours are not refundable.
Make-Up lessons are given at the teachers’ discretion. f a lesson is cancelled within 24 hours, the teacher will decide (based on individual circumstances) whether the lesson will be rescheduled. Reasonable accommodations will be made to reschedule lessons.
Please contact your teacher directly (not the Academy) to cancel or reschedule a lesson. However, if the notice is given less than 24 hours before your lesson time, the teacher may decline a make-up lesson.
In the event that your instructor must miss a lesson due to illness, jury duty or bereavement, Apollo Academy of Music may assign another qualified teacher to substitute. We understand that the relationship between the student and teacher is special. We will do everything we can to assign a complementary teacher to enhance your learning experience.
Every student is guaranteed 22 lessons in six (6) months, therefore not all teacher absences have to be made up.
In the case of an extended absence, Apollo Academy will attempt to find a suitable instructor for you or your child.
No refunds will be given for group classes missed. The instructor may email class notes or the student may attend another class of a similar level subject to the approval of the instructor. At the instructor’s discretion, a private make-up may be scheduled for an additional fee.
Books and Materials
- Your tuition does not include method books or other teaching materials. For your convenience Apollo Academy carries most books and supplies needed throughout the year. You may pay for your supplies at the time of purchase, or we can simply charge the credit card you keep on file.
Recitals and Performances
- Throughout the year several performance opportunities will be presented to qualified students. These may include studio recitals, National Piano Guild Auditions, Solo and Ensemble Festival, MTAC Monster Concert, master classes and other opportunities. Entry fees and recital fees are not included in your tuition.
Student Drop-off and Pick-up
Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to gain the maximum benefit from your lesson time.
Late arrivals will not have their lessons time extended.
Please do not drop your child off in the parking lot or leave them unattended in the waiting room. Apollo Academy teachers are not responsible for unattended students.
Our soundproofing is designed to keep sound in not necessarily keep sound out. So, please remain quiet in the waiting area. We want all students and teachers to benefit from their time together.
Please do not disturb ongoing lessons, or interrupt teachers.
Please help our instructors stay on schedule. If you need to speak to an instructor, you may do so during your student’s lesson time or arrange for a meeting/phone call later. Keeping these conversations within the designated lesson time avoids interfering with another student’s lesson time.
Code of Conduct
- Students are expected to show respect to their teacher and classmates at all times while they are in our studio. Any students showing actions which may cause harm or injury to others will be asked to sit out their scheduled class time. A parent/teacher meeting will then take place and a decision will be made as to the action we, as a company might take, up to and including dismissal from our studio.
- No students should attend lessons when sick (i.e. fever, nausea, vomiting, etc.) Apollo Academy reserves the right to dismiss a student from a scheduled lesson if the student arrives at that lesson exhibiting symptoms of illness.
Playing Outside of Lessons
- The real magic in learning to play an instrument happens between lessons This will make your lessons more fun and effective. Individual teachers will work with each student to determine the amount of time appropriate for level and age.
Seasonal Activity Schedules & Leave Of Absence
- We understand that seasonal sports and other activities may make the current lesson date and time untenable. Please give your instructor at least two (2) weeks advance notice if you need to change your regular day and time
Apollo Academy of Music may dismiss a student for:
- Failure to pay tuition on time
- Persistent absences
- Uncooperative attitude or other behavioral challenges